Türkiye’s Black Sea coast is a dramatically beautiful part of the country, but not usually at the top of the list for those that are only looking for sand-and-sun. Beach life in the north of the country is best combined with a cultural holiday. Because it’s in the north of the country the season is shorter. The best time to visit for sun, sand and sea is in July and August.
Trabzon is a city in the Trabzon Province, located in the north-eastern part of Türkiye. The city lies in a natural green environment at the Black Sea and is therefore very popular with the Turkish population. The airport is mainly used for domestic flights. It features charter and seasonal flights to European destinations.
Where is Trabzon Airport (TZX) situated?
- Trabzon Airport is situated east of the city. The E70 and E97 motorways are close to the airport, making Trabzon Airport very accessible.
How many terminals has Trabzon Airport?
- The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and one for international flights.
Samsun Çarşamba Airport
- Samsun Çarşamba Airport (SZF) is a public airport in Samsun, Türkiye. Opened in 1998, it is 23 km from Samsun. The airport is mainly used for domestic flights. The passenger terminal of the airport covers an area of 4,725 m² and has a parking lot for 246 cars.
- It features charter and seasonal flights to European (mostly German) destinations.
Zonguldak Çaycuma Airport
- Zonguldak Çaycuma Airport (ONQ) is an airport near the city of Zonguldak, in the western Black Sea region of Türkiye. It is situated close to the town of Saltukova.
- There are domestic services to İstanbul and seasonal international services to Cologne/Bonn, Düsseldorf (begins 14 May 2021), Münster/Osnabrück by Corendon Airlines.
Ordu - Giresun Airport
- Ordu - Giresun Airport (OGU) is an airport on an artificial island just off the coast of Gülyalı, a town in Ordu Province and Piraziz, a town in Giresun Province. It is located 19 km away from Ordu and 25 km from Giresun city centres. It is the third artificial island airport in the world.
- There are domestic flights by AnadoluJet to Ankara, İstanbul–Sabiha Gökçen, by Pegasus Airlines to İstanbul–Sabiha Gökçen, İzmir and by Turkish Airlines to İstanbul and (seasonally) Salzburg.
Amasya Merzifon Airport
- Merzifon Airport or Amasya Merzifon Airport (MZH) is a mostly military airport located in the city of Merzifon in the Amasya Province of Türkiye. The small Airport is 41 km northwest of Amasya. There’s a larger, busier airport at Samsun, 131 km north of Amasya (see above)
- There are a few domestic flights per week to the İstanbul Airports.
- Sinop Airport (NOP) is an airport in Sinop, in the Black Sea Region of Türkiye. The old runway of the airport was previously used by the US military base in Sinop. The IATA code has changed from SIC to NOP.
- Turkish Airlines has daily flights from İstanbul Airport. Pegasus Airlines has flights from İstanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport.